Pet Owner Resources
- These phone numbers are available for anyone who has lost a pet and is going through the grieving process. It is staffed by the University of California Davis Veterinary Students. You may call 530-752-4200 or, toll free, 800-565-1526.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners: Web site for the American Association of Feline Practitioners. Here you can find a wealth of information regarding feline health.
- ASPCA: The national ASPCA maintains a website which includes information on any substances that may be poisonous to your pet. Their toll free number is (888) 426-4435 and their operators are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. There may be a charge for
- Southern California Veterinary Medical Association: Web site for the Southern California Veterinary Medical Association that all of our veterinarians are members of. The association provides a support network for veterinarians throughout Southern California as well as a variety of continuing education opp
- Cat Food Nutritional Data – Binky’s Page: This site has tables with nutritional data for canned cat foods. Data includes percentages of protein and carbohydrate which are important when trying to treat or prevent conditions such as obesity and diabetes.
- Feline Diets, Phosphorous Levels in Canned Foods: Helpful guide for parents of cats with renal disease requiring phosphorous restiction. Cats with chronic renal disease should be fed diets with 0.5% or less phosphorous based on Dry Matter Analysis (DMA).
- Feline Diets, Phosphorous Levels in Dry Foods: Helpful guide for parents of cats with renal disease requiring phosphorous restiction. Cats with chronic renal disease should be fed diets with 0.5% or less phosphorous based on Dry Matter Analysis (DMA).
- Hill’s Pet Foods: Hill’s Pet Foods are available at our hospital. We carry prescription diets for a variety of conditions offered by Hill’s. Click on the website to learn more about these healthy and medically supportive diets.
- Nutramax: Nutramax is one of the leading manufacturers of veterinary nutraceuticals. Nutraceuticals are natural supplements that are used to help a variety of conditions such as joint health and liver disease.
- Purina Veterinary Prescription Diets: Web site for information on Purina Veterinary Prescription diets that we use for a variety of medical conditions in the dog and cat. We carry the most popular diets used on a regular basis but can special order others or provide home delivery.
- Royal Canin Tailored Nutrition: Our most popular Royal Canin diets are their limited ingredient line that we commonly use for dermatologic and gastrointestinal issues in the dog and cat.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners Brochures: Information on cat specific issues and ailments
- Canine Counseling: Brian Lee is a wonderful friend to our practice! He offers all types of help for problems you may be having with your dog. Visit Brian’s website to see how he can be your dog’s best friend in the areas of training and counseling.
- Diabetes Monitoring At Home: This site has a video that demonstrates how to use the Alphatrak glucose meter to monitor your pet’s blood sugar at home.
- Frost and Friends Exotic Bird Rescue: Our Mission To provide a stable and loving permanent home to exotic birds and parrots who can no longer stay in their present environment. To help educate the public on proper care of these birds. To never breed or sell any birds nor adopt them out.
- Genetic Testing – Royal Canin: Discover the secrets of your dog’s DNA. get to know your dog like never before. Using the latest science, this test scans your dog’s DNA, both for ancestry information going back to great grandparents and for specific genetic markers.
- Good Bird, Inc: This is an excellent website for information and resources for behavior issues with birds.
- Leptospirosis Information / Risk Assessment: This site has information on Leptospirosis in dogs and has an easy and quick risk assessment for your pet.
- Los Angeles Veterinary Public Health: Web site for Los Angeles Veterinary Public Health. Their primary function is to track and report animal diseases including those which are transmissible to people such as Rabies. They are involved in disease outbreak investigation and also play a role i
- Pet Dental Services: Teeth cleaning provided without anesthesia.
- The Gabriel Foundation (For Birds): This organization is dedicated to research and education beneficial to both bird owners and avian veterinarians. This site is loaded with useful information on care of birds and even offers consultations for behavioral problems.
- Torrance Animal Control: Torrance Animal Control provides a variety of animal assistance including reuniting lost pets with their owners, caring for sick or injured animals, and education. You can find information here about licensing your pet in the city of Torrance.
- Veterinary Partner: This web site offers valuable information on care of a variety of pets. In addition to information on dogs and cats, this site has excellent information on a wide variety of exotic pets written by veterinary experts. Information can also be found for ra
- VetStreet: Website for pet health information.
- Worms and Germs! Worms & Germs Blog is an educational website from the Ontario Veterinary College’s Centre for Public Health and Zoonoses. his site focuses on infectious diseases of companion animals (household pets and horses), with an emphasis on zoonotic diseases.
- Glyde Nutritional Supplement for Osteoarthritis: A soft heart-shaped chew which helps relieve osteoarthritis pain.
- Revolution for Cats: Revolution is an extremely effective parasite control product made for cats by Pfizer, Inc. Revolution protects cats from heartworm, ear mites, hookworms, and roundworms. Visit their website for details on this helpful preventative recommended by our ve
- Revolution for Dogs: Revolution® is made by Pfizer, the leading manufacturer of veterinary products in the United States. Revolution® is an easy to use monthly topical product that provides safe and effective multiparasite control in dogs for heartworms, fleas, ticks, ear mi
- Rimadyl: Rimadyl is a 24-hour, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that is administered once a day. It provides safe and effective relief of pain and inflammation due to canine arthritis, orthopedic and soft tissue surgery. Available only by prescription
- Rimadyl Rewards Programs: The RIMADYL Rewards Program is a rewarding way to partner with your veterinarian to ensure the health and well-being of your dog and help you provide the long-term care your dog needs. You also earn Reward Points that translate into DOLLARS that you can
- Embrace Pet Insurance: Embrace Pet insurance. Let them pay your vet bills for you! Two month trial.
- Trupanion Pet Insurance: Your veterinarian can save your pet’s life. Trupanion can help protect your life savings.
- Healthy Paws: The Healthy Paws top-rated cat insurance & dog insurance plans cover accidents, illnesses, cancer, emergency care, genetic conditions, and alternative care such as chiropractic care and acupuncture.
- Nationwide Pet Insurance: Pet health insurance plans for illnesses, injuries and wellness care. New chronic and new recurring conditions are covered at no additional cost.
- Asthma Inhalers for Pets: This link to Trudell Medical International is a direct source for Aerokat and Aerodawg chambers to administer inhaler medications to dogs and cats.
- AVID Microchips: Information about AVID Microchips for your pets. A microchip is a very tiny computer microchip with a unique ID#. The chip is implanted under the skin via a hypodermic needle to provide a permanent form of identification. AVID provides no cost chip rea
- Etched in my Heart: Etched in my Heart makes amazing engraved wooden picture frames for pets with paw prints, birds feet, or any number of other designs, and they can be personalized with your pet’s name. A portion of the proceeds goes to PetSave for rabbit rescue.
- Home Again Microchips: Home Again Microchips are a product of Merck Animal Health. A microchip is a very tiny computer microchip with a unique ID#. The chip is implanted under the skin via a hypodermic needle to provide a permanent form of identification.
- Iguana Reproduction: This posting by Melissa Kaplan contains all the information you need to know about breeding your iguana.
- South Bay Wildlife Rehab: South Bay Wildlife Rehab is a non-profit organization dedicated to caring for California native wildlife and educating the public about the natural world