Dec 06 2012

‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, by Dr. Robert Kaufman, Torrance, CA

‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house,
there were dangers galore for dog, cat, bird, and mouse.

With comings and goings, doors are often ajar,
but with Polly’s wings clipped she won’t get very far.

Your kitten has fun with the tinsel and yarn,
but to swallow such stuff can do him great harm.

The chocolates are sweet, served by grandmas and yuppies,
but alas a few ounces can be toxic to puppies.

To light up our trees we lace them with wires,
which when bitten cause shock and burns…not just fires.

Some plants can be toxic, the list doesn’t stop,
at Christmas that list has Poinsettia on top.

Remember the ornament your bird chewed ‘till it broke,
if he should swallow those pieces he surely may choke.

The rich foods on the table make a feast that won’t end,
but are hard on the tummy of your four-legged friend.

The flames on the candles may dance ‘till late night,
with pets loose in the house best keep them in sight.

For those ski trips you’re planning, put antifreeze in your car,
but if you spill it and Fido licks it, make sure your vet’s not far.

With common sense and good planning, our pets will be healthy and bright,

So Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

skidvm | Uncategorized

Location Hours
Monday7:30am – 6:00pm
Tuesday7:30am – 6:00pm
Wednesday7:30am – 7:00pm
Thursday7:30am – 6:00pm
Friday7:30am – 6:00pm
Saturday8:00am – 4:00pm